To get wrinkles out of satin pajamas, start by turning them inside out and laying them flat on an ironing board so that the backside of the satin is facing upwards. Use a spray bottle to add moisture to the wrinkled areas of the pajamas before placing a cotton pressing cloth overtop. Turn the iron on to the lowest heat setting possible and activate the steam setting. Gently use the iron to hand press the pajamas until all the wrinkles have been completely removed.
This is: How to Get Wrinkles Out of Satin Pajamas
This article gives you step-by-step instructions on a variety of different methods you can use to get wrinkles out of satin pajamas.
Use these guides to ensure you are using the correct type of care methods with your satin pajamas.
How to Get Wrinkles Out of Satin Pajamas
The most effective way to remove wrinkles from satin pajamas is by ironing. With the assistance of an iron, you'll be able to remove even the most stubborn wrinkles and creases from your satin pajamas quickly and easily at home.
If you do not have access to an iron there are still several other ways to straighten satin pajamas. Steaming is the next best method to use when getting wrinkles out of satin pajamas, and can also be done easily at home.
How to Get Wrinkles Out of Satin Pajamas Using an Iron
Using an iron is the best way to remove wrinkles from satin pajamas. Follow the steps below in order to get wrinkles out of satin pajamas using an iron.
Things You'll Need:
- An iron
- A spray bottle filled with water
- An ironing board
- A thin cotton press cloth (ex. bandana, pillowcase, handkerchief)
- Clean satin pajamas
How to Iron Satin Pajamas:
- Turn the pajamas inside out and lay flat on the ironing board, so that the backside of the fabric is facing skywards. Always iron satin from the backside and never the glossy frontside.
- Use a spray bottle filled with water to add moisture to the pajamas. The satin should be slightly damp, but not soaking wet.
- Cover the area you wish to iron with a cotton press cloth. This can be a bandana, pillowcase, t-shirt, or thin cloth. Never press a hot iron directly onto satin fabric. Always keep a press cloth in between the satin pajamas and the iron.
- Turn the iron on to the lowest heat setting possible. If your iron has a silk/satin setting, use that. The low setting may also be referred to as delicate or gentle.
- Hand press the iron on to the wrinkled areas, always keeping the press cloth in between the iron and the fabric. Do not slide the iron back and forth. Briefly press the iron down on a specific area, then lift, and reapply.
- Continue until all the wrinkles have been completely removed.
- Hang or lay flat to air dry in a cool place, out of contact with direct sunlight.
Learn how to iron other items made from satin or silk by reviewing the guides below.
How to Get Wrinkles Out Satin Pajamas Using a Steamer
Follow the steps below to learn how to steam satin pajamas properly.
- Fill the steamer's water tank with fresh clean water. Be sure to replace any old, stale water that may have been left in the water tank to avoid discoloring the pajamas.
- Power the steamer on. The steamer should be fully powered within 90 seconds.
- Make sure the steamer isn't spitting or leaking hot water.
- Turn the pajamas inside out and hang.
- Begin to steam the pajamas using long downward strokes.
- Use your free hand to add tension to the garment as you run the steamer around it. This will help the steamer to do its job.
- Continue steaming until your pajamas are completely wrinkle free.
- Lay flat or hang to air dry in a cool place out of contact with direct sunlight.
Continue reading: How to Steam Satin Pajamas
For information on steaming different types of delicate garments, please use the guides below.
How to Get Wrinkles Out of Satin Pajamas Using Hot Shower Water
If you do not have access to an iron or a steamer, you can still get wrinkles out of satin pajamas using hot shower water! The steam created by the hot water coming out of the shower, will have a similar effect to that of a steamer, and is an effective method for getting wrinkles out of satin pajamas.
- Close the door in your bathroom to lock the air and steam inside.
- Do not turn on the bathroom's fan.
- Turn the water in the shower on. If you are getting in to the shower yourself, use a comfortable but warm water temperature. If you are not personally using the shower, turn the temperature to the highest heat setting possible.
- Hang the pajamas near the shower and at the highest point possible (heat rises).
- Let the shower run for 10-20 minutes.
- Once finished, allow your pajamas to hang dry in a cool dim place.
How to Wash Satin Pajamas
How to Get Wrinkles Out of Satin Pajamas FAQ
How do you get wrinkles out of satin without an iron?
If you do not have access to an iron, the best way to get wrinkles out is by using a steamer. Using a steamer is a safe, gentle, and effective method to use when trying to remove wrinkles from a satin garment. If you also do not have a steamer, try hanging the garment in the bathroom while the hot shower water is running. The steam created by the shower water will help to get wrinkles out of satin.
Can you steam wrinkles out of satin?
Using a steamer is a fantastic way to get wrinkles out of satin. Steaming satin is gentle, safe, chemical free, and easy to straighten satin. Steaming satin will not only get wrinkles out, but it will also kill germs and bacteria, which will allow you to get more wearings between washes.
Can you put satin in the dryer to get wrinkles out?
No, satin should not be placed into the dryer. Putting satin in the dryer may cause the garment to shrink or become damaged. The best two ways to get wrinkles out of satin is by using the washing machine or using a steamer.